So I met this adorable new human being last weekend named Paizleigh.
In fact, I met her mom, dad and brother too. I did not know Paizleigh or her family before last weekend, but after spending a couple of hours with them, I can tell you three things for sure:
- She has some of the most beautiful, thick dark hair I’ve ever seen on a one week old baby!
- She was born on Independence Day.
- She is loved tremendously! <3
Another factoid about this little firecracker is that she has the coolest owl themed room with a closet full of awesome girly clothes. She and I are now great friends!
She was a fabulous little subject in front of the camera.
Wanting to somehow commemorate her special July 4th birthday, I styled a little patriotic staging for Miss Paizleigh using a vintage flag belonging to my family and a couple of thrifted and borrowed items. I found a great little quilt at a local thrift store, New Beginnings. The back side of the quilt is solid blue which I thought perfect. The awesome vintage Samsonite suitcase belongs to a five piece set which can be purchased from another great place called Paula’s Market, and Paula let me borrow this piece for this shoot. Both of these great stores are found on Main Street in Ash Flat, AR.
Two photos seemed perfect for a couple of my favorite scriptures about babies. I think these would make an awesome set of canvases!
There are some other scriptures that would be beautiful additions to a newborn photo:
- Anything from Psalm 139: 13-16
- Psalm 127:3 – Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
- Jeremiah 1:5 – I knew you before I formed you in my mother’s womb.
- John 16:32 – A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.
- 1 Samuel 1:27 – I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
- Matthew 19:14 – Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.
I have no doubt that Paizleigh is and will be love forevermore! I also have no doubt that this little beauty will set fireworks off everywhere she goes.