How to Turn Around a Bad Mood
Turning around a bad mood may appear easier for someone who is a complete optimist. (There is a reason I called this blog The Happy Kim).
I happen to be a naturally happy and upbeat person, trying to see the positive in every situation. To a fault in fact. I know I drive some people crazy with my positivity.
However, there are rare occasions that even I am just not in a good mood. I know, I know, it’s nuts! Regardless of natural personality, everyone gets in a bad mood.
Since 2020, it seems everyone has had an increase in bad moods. I know I have had my fair share through the adjustments we have all had.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
Be sure to visit my Amazon Shop:
How to Change Your Bad Mood To Happy
Here are some life hacks that help me find the good when my days are not so good. Hopefully it will help you too.
- Write one thing I’m thankful for in my bullet journal (or planner or calendar, or sticky note).
- Scroll through my ‘favorites’ folder on my phone photo roll until I see something that brings back a happy memory and a smile.
- Move! A walk, yoga, dancing, or just a nice long stretch of my body. It IS science and it works y’all!
- Create – some kind of creativity and art will typically bring calm and will definitely turn around my attitude and mood.
- Spend time with someone who lifts you up. Grab coffee with the friend who makes you laugh, or plan a dinner with a group of friends or family and promise not to bring each other down.
- Plan – As an Enneagram 7, this is a big thing for me. I can turn my frown upside down with a quick trip or outing on my calendar to look forward to. pin
- Prayer / Meditation – Prayer is an absolute. There is no substitution for a relationship with God and it is important to stay positive for me. I am also a firm believer in meditation and mindfulness. There are a plethora of apps for meditation if you want to give it a try. Some of my favorites: Calm, Ten Percent Happier, Simple Habit, Headspace, and Shine.
There are so many ways to find the good. We have to find what works for us. I do one or more – sometimes all of these each and every day. It works!
Try it and let me know if it works for you too.
1 thought on “How to Turn Around a Bad Mood”